Have you been trying to figure out how to get the perfect shot with your coffee or of your coffee? It’s not always easy and as I’m writing this I’m sitting outside of my favorite coffee shop drinking black coffee (my go-to).
When its just about the coffee you need to show the logo or if it’s a latte you have to show the art on top. If you’re shooting yourself with the coffee remember to interact with your ‘prop’, gaze off in the distance, sip the coffee, focus on your hands around the cup and try fun new ideas like my shoes + coffee shot!
Look at your surroundings. Is the interior space worth shooing in? Is there a wall (like the metal or blue one below) to use as a better background? If there’s a patio, are there trees that you can use to help frame your shot?
See below for some inspo!
COFFEE AND PEOPLE
COFFEE MUGS AND TO-GO CUPS
To recap, here are some of my best tips for posing with coffee!
- Interact with your cup | hold it close, drink out of it, gaze down at it, smell the aromas
- Hold the cup & look else where | when you drink your morning cup and enjoy that peaceful moment of quiet before you start your day, that is what others want to see
- Take a photo of the cup | make sure your nails are nice, if there’s a logo, show it, shoot it in front of their sign, or in front of their branding
- Drinking espresso? | Show the milk art on top, is it unique, is it a classic heart?
- Look around at your environment | is there a unique wall or landscape that you can use as a background or to frame your image?
I hope these tips help your next coffee shoot! Let me know if you have any questions below.